Buying and Selling at Fishhawk Lake
The Fishhawk Lake office does not generally get involved in the real estate transaction process and does not have information regarding any specific lot or homes for sale on the lake. However, there are some common questions that we are asked that can be found below.
What are the monthly HOA dues?
For the October 1, 2020 to September 30, 2021 fiscal year, the amount billed to each account is $402.70 per month, which includes $278.79 per month for regular HOA dues and $123.91 per month for a serial special assessment. See below for information related to this serial special assessment.
For the October 1, 2021 to September 30, 2022 fiscal year, the HOA dues will be $300.83/mo.
Is there a special assessment in progress?
Yes. In an effort to provide the most cost efficient and flexible payment options for the membership, the serial assessment has been tied into the Oct 1, 2020- Sept 30, 2021 monthly HOA Dues. The total for the serial assessment is $1,486.92 separated over a 12 month period for the amount of $123.91 per month. This is included in the gross monthly HOA dues of $402.70. Buyers and sellers should be sure to include this as part of the final negotiations as the amount due is subject to vary on a member by member basis as some may have pre-paid all or a portion of the special assessment at the time of the transaction.
Are there any other special assessments planned?
Yes. At the August 21, 2021 annual meeting, the membership approved a serial special assessment, related to the dam safety / fish passage project. Please refer to the Solutions page of this website for more information about the project. Details of the serial special assessment can be found here. Buyers and sellers should be sure to include this as part of the final negotiations as the amount due is subject to vary on a member by member basis as some may have pre-paid all or a portion of the special assessment at the time of the transaction.
Looking for association documents?
The Documents section of this website is regularly updated and contains nearly all HOA documents that a potential buyer may request such as:
- Governing documents (CCR, By Laws, Articles of Incorporation and Committee Charters)
- Policies ie. Rules and Regulations
- Meeting minutes and Reports
- Financials (Balance Sheet, Budgets and Assessments, Financial Statements, Insurance, IRS filings etc)
- Reserve study
All members of Fishhawk Lake have access to this content via their own member login. Members who have issues logging in, should send an email to the website administrator for support.
Looking for property specific documents?
Our HOA management company, Bluestone and Hockley (B&H), offers HomeWise Docs as the document and data delivery service for our members' real estate transactions. Agents, Title and Escrow companies who need to request property specific documents - such as the property Account Summary and Closing Statement - must do so through this service. Requests cannot be made via email.
Requests are guaranteed to be completed within 10 business days and rush order requests can be accommodated for a small fee. The costs for these services are clearly displayed in the portal.
Please take note of the complete list of documents above that are available at no cost to members before requesting any documents from HomeWise.
How can I contact Bluestone and Hockley?
For urgent support, please dial 503-222-3800 and choose option 1 then option 2. Messages left in this box are responded to within 24 hours. Emails can also be sent to HOA@Bluestonehockley.com
What can a new member expect in the first 30 days?
As soon as B&H receives the final documents from title, they will mail a welcome packet via USPS to the new members. This welcome packet will include the following:
- B&H account number
- Instructions for how to use the B&H payment portal (Rent Manager) to pay their assessment (aka dues).
- Instructions for how to request a login for the member portal of Fishhawk.com
- Once added to the member portal, members will begin to receive email announcements and updates from the Board and Community Manager
- Links to the Architecture Committee page
- Assessment payments (aka Dues) are due on the first of the month. Please take note of this as you prepare final closing documents. For more information on the different B&H portals, please visit the Bluestone and Hockley page on this website.
What are the transfer fees charged at closing for?
- $250 is the processing fee charged by B&H for the complete accounting set up required to get your new account in working order.
- The $1,000 fee is charged by the HOA to cover costs associated with general Building and Ground operations, for the transfer of items that support the waste water treatment plant and the water treatment plant. The fee also covers the costs for setting up the different directories on the Fishhawk Lake website and getting members oriented and welcomed aboard.